In case you’re searching for Cloud Computing Interview Questions and answers for Experienced or Freshers, you are at the correct place. There is a parcel of chances from many presumed organizations on the planet. The Cloud Computing advertise is relied upon to develop to more than $5 billion by 2020, from just $180 million, as per Cloud Computing industry gauges. In this way, despite everything you have the chance to push forward in your vocation in Cloud Computing Development. Gangboard offers Advanced Cloud Computing Interview Questions and answers that assist you in splitting your Cloud Computing interview and procure dream vocation as Cloud Developer.
Best Cloud Computing Interview Questions and Answers
Do you believe that you have the right stuff to be a section in the advancement of future Cloud Computing, the GangBoard is here to control you to sustain your vocation. Various fortune 1000 organizations around the world are utilizing the innovation of Cloud Computing to meet the necessities of their customers. Cloud Computing is being utilized as a part of numerous businesses. To have a great development in Cloud Computing work, our page furnishes you with nitty-gritty data as Cloud Computing prospective employee meeting questions and answers. Cloud Computing Interview Questions and answers are prepared by 10+ years experienced industry experts. Cloud Computing Interview Questions and answers are very useful to the Fresher or Experienced person who is looking for the new challenging job from the reputed company. Our Cloud Computing Questions and answers are very simple and have more examples for your better understanding.
What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is defined as the service delivery related to computing like servers, storage, networking, databases, analytics, software, and intelligence and all these are taken over the internet. As internet is involved, the services provided are fast, has flexible resources, and scalable economies. The expenditure is mainly done for the cloud services which helps in reducing the operating cost of the user.
Cloud computing is used by everyone in everyday life. Examples where we use cloud computing are while sending mails, playing games, watching movies, storing files like documents, pictures, all these functions are achievable with the help of cloud computing.
Why cloud computing?
As the number of computer and mobile phones users increased, priority was given to data storage and that’s how cloud computing came into the picture. With the introduction of cloud computing, there was a huge decrease in hardware and software. There is just one software which is important and it is related to the interface like web browser and the rest is taken care of by the cloud.
All the basics related to cloud computing are included in the form of questions and answers and these questions are also frequently asked in interviews.
Q1. What are the benefits of using cloud computing?
Answer: Following are the benefits of using cloud computing:
- Storage and data backup is very easy
- Server capabilities are very powerful
- SaaS which stands for Software as a service
- The productivity will increase
- Time consumption is less
- It offers capabilities like information technology sandboxing
Q2. Name the platforms that are used for large scale cloud computing.
Answer: Following are the two platforms that are used for large scale cloud computing:
- Apache Hadoop
Q3. Name the models that are used in cloud computing for deployment.
Answer: Following are the models that are used in cloud computing for deployment:
- Public cloud
- Private cloud
- Hybrid cloud
- Community cloud
Q4. Differentiate between cloud computing and mobile computing.
Answer: Cloud computing as well as mobile computing, both are used for transmitting data with the help of wireless system. Cloud computing provides users data which they need whereas in mobile computing applications run on the remote servers which provides users access for storing and managing.
Q5. What is the benefit gained by the user through utility computing?
Answer: Utility computing is a plug-in provided and managed by the organisation and is also a deciding factor on what type of services must be deployed from the cloud.
The benefit gained by the user is that user has to pay only for what he/she is using.
Q6. Name the security aspects that are provided along with cloud.
Answer: Following are the security aspects that are provided along with cloud:
- Identity management: It is used for authorising the service applications
- Access control: This is provided to the users so that they can control the access of other users entering their cloud environment.
- Authentication and authorization: The access to data and applications are provided only for authenticated and authorized users.
Q7. How is the data secured during its transport in cloud?
Answer: By implementing the encryption key, one can check for the security of the data and also the leakage in the data.
Q8. Name the layers that are used for defining the cloud architecture.
Answer: Following are the layers that are used for defining the cloud architecture:
- Cloud controller
- Node controller
- Storage controller
- Cluster controller
Q9. What does “EUCALYPTUS” stand for?
Answer: EUCALYPTUS is an abbreviation of Elastic Utility Computing Architecture For Linking Your Programs To Useful Systems.
Q10. What are the uses of system integrators in cloud computing?
Answer: System integrators are used for providing the strategy for complicated processes that are used for designing the cloud platform. It also allows to create hybrid and private cloud network in an accurate way and this is possible because the system integrator has the knowledge about data center creation. These are the uses of system integrators in cloud computing.
Q11. Mention few uses of EUCALYPTUS.
Answer: Following are the uses of EUCALYPTUS:
- It is used for implementing clusters in cloud computing platforms.
- It is used for building private, hybrid and public clouds.
- It is used for producing own data center in a private clouds.
Q12. Name few requirements of virtualization platform in implementing the cloud.
Answer: Following are the requirements of virtualization platform in implementing the cloud:
- Management of policies that are at service levels.
- Operating system of cloud.
- Maintaining the difference in concepts between backend level and user level virtualization platform.
Q13. Name the key features that are concerned with the user before using cloud computing.
Answer: Following are the key features that are concerned with the user before using cloud computing:
- Compliance of the data
- Loss of data
- Storage of data
- Business continuity
- Data integration in cloud computing
Q14. Name few cloud computing platform databases that are available as open-source.
Answer: Following are the open-source cloud computing platform databases:
- Lucid database
- Couch database
- Mongo database
Q15. Name the laws that are used for securing the data in a cloud.
Answer: Following are the laws that are used for securing that data in a cloud:
- Processing: This is used for the processing and completion of an application.
- File: This is used for managing and controlling the manipulation of the data.
- Output reconciliation: This is used for reconciliation of input and output data.
- Input validation: This is used for controlling the data.
- Security and backup: This is used for controlling security breaches logs and for providing backup.
Q16. Name some of the known cloud providers and databases.
Answer: Following are some of the known cloud providers and databases:
- Cloud based SQL
- Amazon simple database
- Google bigtable
Q17. Name the modes of software as a service (SaaS).
Answer: There are two modes of software as a service (SaaS):
- Simple multi-tenancy: This mode provides users independent resources that are unique from other users. This mode is also an efficient mode.
- Fine grain multi-tenancy: The distribution of the resources are done with different users but with the functionality.
Q18. Mention what are the uses of API’s in cloud services.
Answer: API stands for Application Programming Interface and following are the uses of API’s in cloud services:
- It is used for eliminating writing of entire programs.
- The communications between more than one applications becomes easy with the help of API’s.
- Creation of applications using API’s is very easy.
- Linking of cloud services to other systems is also easy with the help of API’s.
Q19. Name the data centers deployed for cloud computing.
Answer: Following are the two data centers deployed for cloud computing:
- Low density data centers
- Containerized data centers
Q20. Name the different layers of cloud computing.
Answer: Following are the different layers of cloud computing:
- SaaS: SaaS is an abbreviation for Software as a Service (SaaS). It is used for providing a direct access to users to cloud application without installing any application in the system.
- IaaS: IaaS is an abbreviation for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). It is used for providing infrastructures such as memory, processor speed.
- PaaS: PaaS is an abbreviation for Platform as a Service (PaaS). It provides developers cloud application platforms.
Q21. Name the basic clouds in cloud computing.
Answer: Following are the basic clouds in cloud computing:
- Performance cloud
- Professional cloud
- Personal cloud
Q22. Define hypervisor.
Answer: Hypervisor is defined as the Virtual Machine Monitor which is used for managing resources for virtual machines.
Q23. What are the different types of hypervisor?
Answer: Following are the two different types of hypervisor:
- Type-1 hypervisor is when the guest Vm is ran directly over the host hardware. Examples of type-1 are VmWare ESXI, Xen.
- Type-2 hypervisor is when the guest Vm is ran over the hardware with the help of host operating system. Examples of type-2 are KVm, Oracle virtualbox.
Q24. Name the building blocks that are used in cloud architecture.
Answer: Following are the building blocks that are used in cloud architecture:
- Deployment operation architecture
- Technical architecture
- Reference architecture
Q25. Name some of the basic characteristics of cloud computing.
Answer: Following are the basic characteristics of cloud computing:
- Standardised interfaces
- Scalability and elasticity
- Automatic de-provisioning
- Self-service provisioning
- Billing self-service based on model usage
Q26. Name the phases that are involved in cloud architecture.
Answer: Following are the different phases that are involved in cloud architecture:
- Cleanup phase
- Shutdown phase
- Launch phase
- Monitor phase
Q27. Name the components that required in cloud architecture.
Answer: Following are the components that are required in cloud architecture:
- Cloud provided services
- Cloud storage services
- Cloud ingress
- Processor speed
- Intra-cloud communications
Q28. Name the services that are provided by Window Azure Operating System.
Answer: Following are the services that are provided by Window Azure Operating System:
Q29. How does that characteristics of cloud architecture differentiate it from the traditional one?
Answer: Following are the characteristics of cloud architecture that differentiates it from the traditional one:
- The cloud architecture has the capability of managing and handling the dynamic workloads without any failures.
- The cloud architecture has the capability of scaling the resources based on their demands.
- The cloud architecture provides hardware requirement.
Q30. What are the advantages of cloud architecture at business level?
Answer: Following are the advantages of cloud architecture at business level:
- Investment in infrastructure is zero
- Infrastructure is just in time
- Utilization of resources is more efficient
Q31. What does cloud mean?
Answer: Cloud is defined as the collaboration of networks, services, hardware, storages, and interfaces that helps in delivering services through computing.
Q32. Name the different types of users.
Answer: Following are the three different types of users:
- End users
- Business management users
- Cloud service providers
Q33. What are the different layers of PaaS architecture?
Answer: Following are the different layers of PaaS architecture:
- Cloud controller
- Scaling up and down is automatic
- Services are connected
- Applications are deployed
- Virtual machines and controllers are created automatically
- Storage services
- Block storage
- Applications stored in storage services
- Easy recovery from failure
- Applications that are simple to scale
Q34. Mention the differences that occur in distributed operations.
Answer: Following are the differences that occur in distributed operations:
- FC: Master-slave operations
- Nova: Parallel processes and its shared database
Q35. Name the agent which is equal to Nova compute.
Answer: The agent which is equal to Nova compute is Azure Agent.
Q36. Give an example of open-source cloud computing.
Answer: OpenStack is an example of open-source cloud computing.
Q37. What makes Amazon is well-known in the world?
Answer: Following are the reasons that make Amazon so well-known in the world:
- The backup storage in Amazon is maintained with the help of snapshot facility by using API call. Example of this is Elasticfox.
- RAID which is a Linux software is used for improving the performance.
Q38. What does CaaS mean?
Answer: CaaS stands for Communication as a Service. This terminology is mainly used in telecom industry and it offers users features like desktop faxing, desktop call control, and unified messaging.
Q39. What does VAN mean?
Answer: VAN stands for Virtual Private Network. It is a private cloud which manages the data security while the communication takes place in the cloud. With the use of VAN, one can make public network as private network.
Q40. What does system integrators mean in cloud computing?
Answer: System integrators are used for providing strategies for a complicated processes that are used in the design of cloud platform. It is also used for creating hybrid and accurate private cloud network which are more accurate, and this is possible because the integrators have the knowledge of data center.
Q41. Differentiate between scalability and elasticity.
Answer: The difference between scalability and elasticity is that scalability is used for handling the increasing workload by increasing the proportion of resource capacity. While elasticity is used for providing the concepts related to commissioning and decommissioning of resource capacity.
Q42. What does public cloud mean?
Answer: Public clouds are the clouds that are open for users for their usage and deployment. Examples of public cloud are Amazon and Google. The main focus of public cloud are on cloud applications, providing infrastructure and also platform marketing.
Q43. What does hybrid cloud mean?
Answer: Hybrid clouds are the clouds that are a combination of public clouds and private clouds. It has functionalities, features and robust approach that are applicable for both the clouds. Organizations using hybrid cloud can create their own cloud.
Q44. What does private cloud mean?
Answer: Private clouds are clouds that are used for keeping strategic operations in a secured manner. This cloud is restricted to, operated by, and owned by only one organization or industry.
Q45. What does PaaS mean?
Answer: PaaS stands for Platform as a Service which is one of the layers in cloud architecture. Complete virtualization of the infrastructure layer is provided by the PaaS. This layer is built on infrastructure model which provides resources such as network, computers, and storage.
Q46. What does on-demand access mean?
Answer: On-demand access means providing access to virtualized IT resources which are used by the subscribers. For providing configurable resources, it uses shared pools such as services, applications, networks, servers, and storage.
Q47. What does ADC mean?
Answer: ADC stands for Application Delivery Controller which is assigned to VIP ie, Virtual IP address so as to map the pools of servers that are supported by using application-specific criteria.
Q48. Name few attributes of cloud computing.
Answer: Following are the attributes of cloud computing:
- Delivery in the form of utility
- Entry to low barriers
Q49. Name the type of architecture that is used for building cloud architecture.
Answer: Grid is the type of architecture that is used for building cloud architecture. It is a type of computing architecture which is distributed among the organizations owning data centers for mutual benefits.
Q50. What is the use of virtualization in cloud?
Answer: The migration of virtual image from one physical machine to another is done with the help of virtualization. Using this feature, one can do a lot of optimizations.