- Python is a beginner’s language.
- Python is an Open source an Object-oriented program.
- Python is readable programming language unlike other languages(Person without coding knowledge will be able to read python code)
- Python is used to build websites, analyze data and to develop a lot of software.
- 2 types of the version available (2x and 3x)
- Python is an interpreted language (Compilation of code will be done automatically)
- Python scripts are nothing but a text file with .py extension.
- Ipython(Interactive Python) shell – will return the result for the code in the python scripts or you can directly add code in the python shell.
- Download Python: www.python.org
- Select “Downloads” and download the latest version of python.
- After downloading python, Open the command prompt(Run à ‘cmd’) and type python
- The above action will open the python interpreter in which python codes can be executed.
- Statements begin with # will be considered as comments and will be ignored by the python interpreter while execution.