In case you’re searching for Salesforce Interview Questions and answers for Experienced or Freshers, you are at the correct place. There is parcel of chances from many presumed organizations on the planet. The Salesforce advertise is relied upon to develop to more than $5 billion by 2020, from just $180 million, as per Salesforce industry gauges. In this way, despite everything you have the chance to push forward in your vocation in Salesforce Development. Gangboard offers Advanced Salesforce Interview Questions and answers that assist you in splitting your Salesforce interview and procure dream vocation as Salesforce Developer.
Best Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers
Do you believe that you have the right stuff to be a section in the advancement of future Salesforce, the GangBoard is here to control you to sustain your vocation. Various fortune 1000 organizations around the world are utilizing the innovation of Salesforce to meet the necessities of their customers. Salesforce is being utilized as a part of numerous businesses. To have a great development in Salesforce work, our page furnishes you with nitty-gritty data as Salesforce prospective employee meeting questions and answers. Salesforce Interview Questions and answers are prepared by 10+ years experienced industry experts. Salesforce Interview Questions and answers are very useful to the Fresher or Experienced person who is looking for the new challenging job from the reputed company. Our Salesforce Questions and answers are very simple and have more examples for your better understanding.
By this Salesforce Interview Questions and answers, many students are got placed in many reputed companies with high package salary. So utilize our Salesforce Interview Questions and answers to grow in your career.
1.What is a app in salesfore?
Group of tabs that work as a unit to provide functionality.
2. what is sales force?
Salesforce is a CRM delivered as a software-as-a-service (SaaS).
3. what is a object in sales force?
objects are nothing but database tables. It stores data related to your company in Salesforce.com.
4.Mention how many relationship is included in SFDC and what are they?
There are two types of relationships
- Master detail relationship
- Lookup relationship
5.What is the difference between 15 digit and 18 digit id in Salesforce?
15 digit id which is Cases-Sensitive and 18 digit id which is Case-Insensitive.
6.What is Record Type?
Customize business process picklist value and pagelayout for multiple group of users.
7.What is the difference between detail page and edit page?
- Whenever user try to create a new record or edit an existing record user can input the values for the fields, this page is nothing but edit page.
- After creating a new record or editing an existing record, user can see the information of the record, this page is nothing but detail page.
8.What are the type of tabs?
- Custom tabs (create for objects)
- Web tabs (create to display a website)
- Visual force tabs (create to display the visual force page)
9.What is validation rule?
Validation rule is used to improve the data quality inserted by enduser.
10.What are Governor Limits?
Since we are working in multitenant environment Salesforce is enforcing the limits for all the functionalities. For example
- How many no of fields for an object: 500
- No of master detail relationships for an object: 2
- No of lookup relationship for an object: 25
- No of rollup summery fields: 25
- How many external ids we can enable for an object: 7 (increased from 3 to 7 in Winter-15)
11.For which data type we can enable external id?
text, number, auto number, email.
12. What is Queue?
Queues help your teams manage leads, cases, service contracts, and custom objects. Once records are placed in a queue manually or through an automatic case or lead assignment rule, records remain there until they’re assigned to a user or taken by one of the queue members. Any queue member or users above them in the role hierarchy can take ownership of records in a queue.
13. What is public group?
Public group is kind of team or group of related users, this will help you to share the data.
14. Is it possible to create the Master – Detail Relationship field for the child object which is having existing records?
No, we cannot create directly. To create first we should create Look up relationship then populate the field value for all the records and then convert the look up relationship to master detail relationship.
15. Is it possible to convert Mater – Detail Relationship to Look Up Relationship?
If the parent object doesn’t have Roll up Summary fields for the child object then we can convert.
16. What will happen if we undelete the deleted Junction Object?
Master – Detail Relationship data types will be converted to look up relationship data types.
17. What is Profile?
- Profile deals with CRED (Create, Read, Edit and Delete) permissions over Apps, Tabs, sObjects, Fields, Record Types, etc…
- We can map only one profile for one user and without mapping the profile we cannot create the user.
18. What is Permission Set?
To improve the permissions for the users over profiles we should go for Permission Sets.
19. How to give permissions to two fields for different users who belongs to different profiles?
20. What is role?
Role deals with authorization to access data.
21. What is Data Loader?
Data Loader is a stand-alone tool to process bulk records. With Dataloader we can process maximum of 5 million records. Most of the time we use only Dataloader. Default batch size of the Dataloader is 200.
22. Which operations we can perform on dataloader?
23. What are the different kinds of evaluation criteria’s (events)?
- Created and everytime edited to meet the criteria
- Created and edited to subsequently meet the criteria
24. What is time dependent workflow action?
The action which will be performed in future based on the any of the date field.
25. For which event we can’t create time dependent workflow action?
Created and everytime edited to meet the criteria.
26. What are the different kinds of workflow actions?
- field update
- email alert
- task creation
- outbound Message
27. What is Approval Process?
If the criteria of the record meets then by clicking on submit for Approval button user can submit the record for approval
28. Scenario: After activating the approval process, I want to add one more step. Is it possible?
It’s not possible, to add one more step deactivate the approval process and clone the deactivated approval process and add the new steps.
29. What are the types of Reports?
- Tabular (Displays records just like a table)
- Summary (we can summarize the information based on certain fields)
- Matrix (we can summarize the information in two dimensional manner, both rows and columns)
- Join (we can summarize information in different blocks on the same object and the related objects)
30. Explain what is the trigger?
Apex code which executes before or after DML operations
31. Mention what is the difference between SOQL and SOSL?
|SOQL ( Salesforce Object Query Language)||SOSL (Salesforce Object Search Language)|
|Only one object at a time can be searched||Many objects can be searched at a time|
|Query all type of fields||Query only e-mail, phone and text|
|It can be used in triggers and classes||It can be used in classes but not in triggers|
|DML operation can be performed on query results||DML operation cannot be performed on search result|
32.What is tab?
Every object in Salesforce should have a tab
33. Types of Approval process?
- Standared setup wizard
34. Explain Formula field?
A formula is similar to an equation that is executed at run time.
35.Difference between lookup and master detail relationship?
- Parent is not a required field while creating child record
- We cannot create roll-up summary field.
- No cascade delete.
- No impact on a security and access.
- No impact on deletion.
- Can be multiple layers deep.
- Lookup field is not required.
- Parent field on child is required.
- Access to parent determines access to children.
- Deleting parent automatically deletes child.
- Lookup field on page layout is required.
36. Types of controller?
- Standard Controllers
- Standard List Controllers
- Custom Controllers
- Extensions Controllers
37. what is set?
A set is an unordered collection of elements that do not contain any duplicates.
38. What is list?
A list is an ordered collection of elements that are distinguished by their indices.
39. Difference between list and set?
Set:Set is an unordered collection of values. It does not contains duplicate values.
List:List is a ordered collection of values. It contains duplicate values. Each value is retrieved using the List Index.
40. What is Roll up Summary?
Roll-Up summary fields are a great way to perform calculations on a set of detail records in a master-detail relationship. roll-up summary fields that automatically display a value on a master record based on the values of records in a detail record
41. What does the View State represent in a Visualforce page?
Visualforce pages that contain a form component also contain an encrypted, hidden form field that encapsulates the view state of the page. This view state is automatically created, and as its name suggests, it holds the state of the page – state that includes the components, field values and controller state
42. What are the advantages of using External Id fields?
When importing custom objects, solutions, or person accounts, you can use external IDs to prevent the import from creating duplicate records. An external ID is a custom field that has the External ID attribute, meaning that it contains unique record identifiers from a system outside of Salesforce.
43. What are the differences between static and non-static variables in Apex?
Static methods, variables, and initialization code have these characteristics.
- They’re associated with a class.
- They’re allowed only in outer classes.
- They’re initialized only when a class is loaded.
- They aren’t transmitted as part of the view state for a Visualforce page.
Instance methods, member variables, and initialization code have these characteristics.
- They’re associated with a particular object.
- They have no definition modifier.
- They’re created with every object instantiated from the class in which they’re declared.
Local variables have these characteristics.
- They’re associated with the block of code in which they’re declared.
- They must be initialized before they’re used.
44. What is the System.assert method and when is it commonly used?
The key methods to use in your unit tests are the system.assert() methods. There are three types of system.assert() methods.
For the security review, every test method must have at least one system.assert() method. We need use assert methods not only for the pass the security review but also as a best practice. It will be help us to keep track the failures of Apex classes or triggers.
45. Difference between Workflows and Triggers?
- Workflow is automated process that fired an action based on Evaluation criteria and rule criteria.
- can access a workflow across the object.
- cannot perform DML operation on workflow
- cannot query from database
- Trigger is a piece of code that executes before or after a record is inserted or updated.
- We can access the trigger across the object and related to that objects
- We can use 20 DML operations in one trigger.
- We can use 20 SOQL’s from data base in one trigger.
46. What are the different ways of calling the Apex class in Salesforce?
The Apex class can be called using:
- The Visual force page
- The Web service
- Email services
47. Mention what is the difference between isNull and isBlank?
- isNull: It supports for number field
- isBlank: It supports for Text field
48. When Workflow limit has over in your Salesforce organization, what are all the alternatives for workflows?
- Schedulable class
49. What are default methods for Batch Apex?
start(), execute() and finish()
50. Difference b/w External ID & Unique ID?
External Id can be used during UPSERT Operation, to automatically check the duplicate entries. It is like a foreign key in a database object while uploading data into salesforce from external systems. Unique fields are not used in the UPSERT. They determine the uniqueness. Both field can have NULL value unless it is required field .
Q51) CRM Stands For
a) Customer Relationship Management
b) Customer Relation Management
c) Customer Relative Manager
d) Customer Rate Manager
Q52) Salesforce does not need
a) Software to Support
b) Server to Support
c) IT Team to Support
d) Platform to Support
Q53) Salesforce Consists of which Services
d) All the Above
Q54) Salesforce Called as Which Platform
a) Customer Success Platform
b) Customer Service
c) Customer Service Platform
d) Customer Platform
Q55) CRM Support which Industries
a) Small Industries
b) Large Industries
c) Small and Large Industries
d) Medium Industries
Q56) Advantage of CRM
a) No Setup Cost
b) No Maintenance is needed
c) No Need of Office Space to work
d) All the Above
Q57) Which Feature is Support for Marketing Cloud
a) Email Support
b) Support Every Customer
c) Case Escalation
d) Service Support
Q58) Features of Salesforce App
a) Manage Customer Accounts
b) Track SalesLead
c) Conduct & Monitoring
d) All the Above
Q59) What is not Standard Object in Salesforce
Q60) How Custom Object is Identified in Salesforce
Q61) What is the Use of Standard Field in Salesforce
a) Default Value
b) Support for Object
c) Support for Custom Object
d) All the above
Q62) Full Form of SaaS
a) Software as a Service
b) Service as a Service
c) Service as a Support
d) Support as a Software
Q63) Advantage of Salesforce Lightning
a) Better UI
b) Give a Model design
c) Dynamic Functionality
d) All the Above
Q64) Which Field does not present in the Account Object
c) Phone Name
d) Opportunity Stage
Q65) What are the Existing CRM Support
d) All the Above
Q66) How many User in which Content Manager Edition
a) Upto 5 User
b) Upto 15 User
c) Upto 20 User
d) Upto 25 User
Q67) What is the Edition is the best of Salesforce for developing
d) Unlimited Edition
Q68) What are the Work of Administrator
a) UI Design
b) Package Creation
c) Data Type Design
d) All the Above
Q69) What the Steps to create a App
a) Setup-> Add App
b) Object-> Add App
c) BigObject-> Object
d) CustomObject-> Object
Q70) How to Add the New Custom Object
a) Setup-> Add App
b) Setup-> Object -> New Custom Object
c) Setup-> App -> New Custom Object
d) CustomObject-> Object
Q71) How Lightning Mode is differ form Classic Mode
a) Better UI
b)Better Dynamic Function
d)All the Above
Q72) How to create a new Button in a Objec
a) Setup-object-Custom Object
b) Setup-object-Custom Object-New Buttons
c) Setup-Custom Object
Q73) What is the Use of Help Link
a) It is detailed Documentation
b) It is Navigation
c) Salesforce Support Navigation
d) Salesforce Links
Q74) When App Name is displayed on the org
a) The App Name is Right Corrner
b) App Name on the Profile
c) App Name in the Logout
d) App Name in the Settings
Q75) What is the Use of Report & Dashboard
a) It is displaying the Custom Value.
b) It is displaying the Total Records
c) It provides a Tabular Chart, Summary Chart, Matrix Format
d) It is for the Customization of Record
Q76) How to Create a Custom Field
a) Setup – Custom Field
b) Setup – Object – Custom Field
c) Setup – Custom Object
Q77) Dashboard is Used for
a) Pictorial Representation
b) Tabular Representation
c) Matrix Representation
d) Display Representation
Q78) Chatter is Used For
b) Interaction with the Client
c) Provide a Two Way of Communication
d) Interact with the Support
Q79) How to create a App Name in Salesforce
a) Setup-Add App
b) Setup- Object
c) Profile Setting
d) Setup- User
Q80) What is the Used For Validation
a) Check the Value
b) Check the Condition
c) Check the Formula to Evaluate
d) Checking the Condition is True
Q81) How to Create a Profile
a) Setup – Profile
c) Setup – Profile – New Profile
d) Setup – New Profile
Q82) How to create a User Format
a) Setup – User –New User
c) Setup – User
d) Setup – New User
Q83) What is the use of Permission Settings
a) Restricted Access
b) User Permission
c) User Access
d) User Value
Q84) How to Customize a Tab
a) + – Click the Customize the Tab
b) – – Click the Customize the Tab
c) / – Click the Customize the Tab
d) = – Click the Customize the Tab
Q85) How to import the Data in Object
a) Data Import
b) Data Import Wizard
c) Data Wizard
Q86) What is the external tool used for uploading a data
a) Data Loader
b) Data Wizard
c) Data Binding
d) Data Integration
Q87) What are the Function Data Loader Performing
d) All the Above
Q88) How Data Importing is Performed
Q89) What is Work Flow
a) Continuous Process
b) Discrete Process
c) Interval Process
d) Edited Process
Q90) What is Validation
a) It is validate the data
b) It is continuous Process
c) It is discrete process
d) None of these
Q91) What is the platform profile is creating
a) Salesforce Platform User
c) Salesforce User
d) Salesforce Admin User
Q92)How User is assigned to the Profile
a) By New User Created
b) By Existing User Assigned
c) By New Authorization
d) By New Login Credential
Q93)What is the Uses of Permission Sets
a) By Provide a Permission of Access Field
b) Providing a Permission of Standard Object
c) Permission on the Custom Object
d) All the Above
Q94) What is Custom Setting
a) Encapsulate a Custom Set of Data
b) Encapsulate a Data
c) Encapsulation by Custom Process
d) Encapsulate by Standard Data
Q95) What is System Administrator
Q96) What is the Use of the Developer Console
a) To develop a Custom set of Code
b) Develop a New Admin process
c) Develop a Process
d) Develop a Admin
Q97) How Salesforce is Working
a) Server Platform
b) Cloud Platform
c) Integration Platform
d) Api Platform
Q98) How to change the Layout Process
a) UI Change
b) Customize Page
c) Search Layout
d) Edit Layout
Q99) How to Create a New Action Button
Q100) What are the Two mode present in Salesforce
a)Salesforce and Lightning
b) Salesforce Classic
c) Lightning Classic
d) Classic Mode