Coded UI Interview Questions and Answers
Coded UI Interview Questions and Answers
In case you’re searching for Coded UI Interview Questions and answers for Experienced or Freshers, you are at the correct place. There is parcel of chances from many presumed organizations on the planet. The Coded UI advertise is relied upon to develop to more than $5 billion by 2020, from just $180 million, as per Coded UI industry gauges. In this way, despite everything you have the chance to push forward in your vocation in Coded UI Development. GangBoard offers Advanced Coded UI Interview Questions and answers that assist you in splitting your Coded UI interview and procure dream vocation as Coded UI Developer.
Best Coded UI Interview Questions and Answers
Do you believe that you have the right stuff to be a section in the advancement of future Coded UI , the GangBoard is here to control you to sustain your vocation. Various fortune 1000 organizations around the world are utilizing the innovation of Coded UI to meet the necessities of their customers. Coded UI is being utilized as a part of numerous businesses. To have a great development in Coded UI work, our page furnishes you with nitty-gritty data as Coded UI prospective employee meeting questions and answers. Coded UI Interview Questions and answers are prepared by 10+ years experienced industry experts. Coded UI Interview Questions and answers are very useful to the Fresher or Experienced person who is looking for the new challenging job from the reputed company. Our Coded UI Questions and answers are very simple and have more examples for your better understanding.
Before trying to find the answers for questions that are related to Coded UI, let us quickly try to understand what is Coded UI and other related topics. So what is Coded UI? Coded UI is typical software automation that is used for conducting functional tests. For writing scripts, it uses Visual Studio IDE. Following are the features that are included in Coded UI:
- Extensibility is rich
- The testing is functional
- The code can be generated in VB/C#
With all these features and many more, Coded UI has become one of the favorites for almost all the companies. Therefore, experienced as well as freshers look for opportunities in this field.
By this Coded UI Interview Questions and answers, many students are got placed in many reputed companies with high package salary. So utilize our Coded UI Interview Questions and Answers to grow in your career.
Q1. As an app developer, what are the advantages you can have by using coded UI? What makes them important?
Answer: Following are the advantages:
- With the help coded UI, users can make sure that the functionality of their application is correct.
- All the UI interface of the applications is made sure is perfect in all terms.
- The overview of the functionality is so simple that the user can understand in no time.
- When it comes to long term functionality, coded UI lets the developers understand what is the future scope of their application.
- Coded UI is so user-friendly that, most of the useful information can be derived from the app itself.
Q2. What do you know about the “search and filter” properties that Coded UI has?
Answer: With the help of “search” property one can easily find the controls that are used in Coded UI. Whereas “filter” property is used as an assist for search property.
Q3. Name the tools that are similar to Coded UI.
Answer: The tools that are similar to Coded UI are QTP and Selenium.
Q4. Why is Coded UI preferred over QTP and Selenium?
Answer: The reason why Coded UI is preferred over QTP and Selenium is because Coded UI uses Microsoft Visual Studio IDE for writing scripts, also it is good for recording the data.
Q5. As an experiencer-holder, can you please tell us some useful tips for the users so that they get the best results from Coded UI?
Answer: Following are a few points that can be considered for the question that has been asked:
- Paying close attention to the Test Builder is very important and using them whenever possible is advisable to all the users.
- To identify the methods, the users must use different names rather than using the default name.
- The tests should be created as per the sequence that defines the recorded methods.
- To avoid issues with UIMap.Designer.cs, the files shouldn’t be modified.
- It is advisable to re-record the test methods.
Q6. Mention a few features of Coded UI that you are familiar with.
Answer: The features of Coded UI that I am familiar with are:
- The extensibility of the application is excellent.
- Application integration is really good.
- Using VB/C#, codes can be generated in Coded UI.
- The functional testing of Coded UI is very much reliable.
- The testing and deploying of the application can be done in labs.
Q7. What do you know about TestCleanup in Coded UI?
Answer: TestCleanup is used to perform the reverse actions that are performed using TestInitialie. When execution completes, the same action is used for the functions that are decorated.
Q8. According to you what are the different types of technologies that are supported by Coded UI?
Answer: The different types of technologies that are supported by Coded UI are:
- Web servers like ASPX and SOAP are supported by Web servers.
- Applications like Silverlight, HTML, and HTML 5 can be used with Coded UI.
- The UI tests are independent of the web used or the Windows used.
- Windows Phone Application and Windows Presentation Foundation are also supported by UI.
Q9. Why one must use Coded UI for test automation?
Answer: There are many reasons why one must use Coded UI for test automation:
- It is a collaborative approach that is made by the experts to use a similar language.
- Windows-based projects, as well as web-based applications, can be used.
- The controls like AJAX are supportive.
- Descriptive programming can be used by developers.
- The time spent by the developers for recording and capturing is very minimal.
Q10. How can one create tests simultaneously using the Coded UI?
Answer: The tests can be done easily while using Coded UI. One must handle the generation task from the recording that exists before and then to create the UI code, the scratch should be used.
Q11. Are there any possibilities to create a class file for each test conducted by the user?
Answer: Yes, it is possible to create a class file and also it is very simple. Whenever wither a test is created by the builder, along with map, other useful information like test parameters, test methods are provided which also includes the creation of the files.
Q12. What do know about assertion and where it is used in Coded UI?
Answer: Assertion is a statement that is used in a program to indicate the status of the predicate to the developer. It can either be true or false. If it is true, then it is an indication that the assertion is successful. If it is false, then it is an indication that the assertion has failed which results in automatic termination of the program.
Q13. What is automation testing?
Answer: Automation testing is defined as a process used by the tester to write the scripts with the help of automation tools and to execute these scripts to test the product or an application or software by comparing with the existing results and the expected results.
Q14. What percentage of testing is covered in automation testing?
Answer: About 60-70% of testing is covered in automation testing.
Q15. Name the test cases that can be automated in the automation testing.
Answer: Following are the test cases that can be automated in the automation testing:
- Test cases related to critical scenarios.
- Test cases that are repeated.
- Test cases that are time-consuming.
- Test cases that are difficult to do manually.
Q16. Name the different types of programming approaches that are available in the Coded UI.
Answer: There are 3 types of programming approaches that are available in the Coded UI:
- Programming using UI map.
- Programming based on the playback and recording.
- Complete descriptive programming.
Q17. How are controls recognized in Coded UI?
Answer: With the help of Test Builder, the controls are recognized in the Coded UI. There is an option called “CrossHair” using which the controls are recognized and also their properties can be viewed.
Q18. What do know about Test Builder?
Answer: Test Builder is a tool that is used in Coded UI and following are the 4 options that are available in the Test Builder:
- Record is used for recording the actions.
- Show recorded steps is used to show all the steps that are recorded.
- CrossHair is used to recognize the controls and also to view their properties.
- Generate code is used to generate the code for the steps that are already recorded.
Q19. Name some of the Namespace that is used in the Coded UI.
Answer: Following are the Namespace that is used in the Coded UI using Microsoft Visual Studio test tools:
- UI testing
- Unit testing
- UI test extension
Q20. How many UI Maps can be created in Coded UI?
Answer: Any number of UI Maps can be created in Coded UI.
Q21. Name a few important classes that are used in Coded UI.
Answer: Following are the important classed that are used in Coded UI:
- String assert
- Assert failed exception
- Assert inconclusive exception
Q22. Define synchronization.
Answer: The sync between the speed of automation of the scripts and their application under the test response is known as synchronization.
Q23. What are the different levels of synchronization?
Answer: There are two levels of synchronization:
- Test level
- Statement level
Q24. Name a few automation testing tools.
Answer: Following are the famous automation testing tools:
Q25. Name a few testing framework techniques.
Answer: Following are the testing framework techniques:
- Modular testing framework
- Data-driven testing framework
- Keyword-driven testing framework
Q26. What are the advantages of automation testing?
Answer: Following are the advantages of automation testing:
- The human resources requirement is less.
- Reliability is good.
- Test cases can be executed parallelly.
Q27. What are the disadvantages of automation testing?
Answer: Following are the disadvantages of automation testing:
- Time consumed while developing is more.
- Maintenance is difficult.
- An expensive tool setup is required.
Q28. Name the factors that determine the effectiveness of automation testing.
Answer: Following are the factors that determine the effectiveness of automation testing:
- Stability of the scripts.
- Finding defects.
- Reusability of the test.
- Time spent on maintenance and development.
- Quality of the software that is under test.
Q29. Name the test cases that can be automated.
Answer: Following are the test cases that can be automated:
- Complex calculation test cases.
- Data-driven test cases.
- Build verification testing
Q30. Name the phases in the automation testing life cycle.
Answer: Following are the phases in the automation testing life cycle:
- Deciding phase: To make a decision on how to perform the testing.
- Identifying the tool: Understanding on which tool to be used.
- Determining the scope.
- Executing the test.
- Maintaining the test scripts.
Q31. What is the importance of Get and Set properties in the Coded UI?
Answer: The importance of Get and Set properties in the Coded UI is that they are used for accessing the UI map controls long with other CS files.
Q32. Is it possible to perform the click operation without using mode in Coded UI?
Answer: Yes, it is possible to perform the click.
Q33. Can you edit the properties of the declaration of the UI Map?
Answer: No, it is not possible to edit the declaration of the UI MAp.
Q34. What is the difference between Coded UI and Selenium?
Answer: The basic difference between Coded UI and Selenium is that Coded UI supports windows application as well as WPF which are not supported by Selenium.
Q35. When is automation testing useful?
Answer: Following are the situations when the automation testing is useful:
- While doing complex calculations that can go wrong when done by humans.
- When repeated tests need to be conducted for different sets of data.
- Testing that is difficult for humans to track can be done using automation testing and this is known as non-functional testing.
- Automation testing is useful after every bug is fixed which is known as regression testing.
Q36. What are the conditional statements that are used in Synchronization?
Answer: Following are the conditional statements that are used in Synchronization which start from WaitForControl:
Q37. What are the unconditional statements that are used in Synchronization?
Answer: Playback.wait() is the only unconditional statement that is used in Synchronization.
Q38. Define attribute Coded UI.
Answer: Attribute is defined as a condition that is used before and after every test to indicate the different tests.
Q39. Name a few attributes used in Coded UI.
Answer: Following are a few attributes that are used in Coded UI:
Q40. How can one access the UI Map which is newly created from different Cs file?
Answer: To access the UI Map which is newly created from a different Cs file, the properties Get and Set can be used.
Q41. Why assertions are used in Coded UI?
Answer: Assertions are used in Coded UI instead of other conditions like if-else because of the if condition that is used. When the test fails the if condition, Coded UI considers it as pass as it fails to understand the if condition. Therefore, assertions are used in place of if-else condition.
Q42. What is the use of Assert.IsEqual()?
Answer: Assert.IsEqual() is used in Coded UI to control the value.
Q43. What is the use of Assert.AreSame()?
Answer: Assert.AreSame() is used in Coded UI to refer the reference of the control.
Q44. What is the use of WaitForControlEnabled()?
Answer: WaitForControlEnabled() is used as a condition in Coded UI to wait for the control to get enabled.
Q45. What is the use of WaitForControlExist()?
Answer: WaitForCntroExist() is used as a condition in Coded UI to wait for the control to exist on UI.
Q46. What is the use of WaitForControlReady()?
Answer: WaitForControlReady() is used as a condition in Coded UI to wait for the control to be accepted by the keyboard and mouse input.
Q47. What are the coordinates used by the mouse click?
Answer: The coordinates used by the mouse click are 49,3.
Q48. What do you understand about Data Directory?
Answer: Project folder or the Project directory is explained by Data Directory.
Q49. Can Data-driven tests be conducted on Coded UI?
Answer: Yes, data-driven tests can be conducted on Coded UI.
Q50. Name the Data-driven tests that are conducted on Coded UI.
Answer: Following are the Data-driven tests that are conducted on Coded UI:
- Excel is used.
- XML is used.
- CSV is used.
These were the most frequently asked interview questions along with answers.