About ODI Online Training
What is this course about?
This course enables you to work in real projects implementing ODI (11g or 12c ) and how to build a data warehouse using different modules of ODI, how to transform and validate data from one form to another (files, XML, database, etc). We customized this course curriculum to meet the current industry standards. We guarantee that even a non ETL participant having very little knowledge of database can learn ODI.
What is the course objective?
At the end of this ODI training by GangBoard, you will be able to,
- Learn ODI architecture and how its different from other ETL tools
- Build master and Work repositories.
- Create an Agent(ODI’s execution engine) and how to configure an agent to meet optimization.
- Create different objects like Packages, Interface (Mapping), procedure, Models and variables to design a data transformation workflow.
- Learn how to handle Exceptions in workflow through customizable code and through rich ODI components like Load plans.
- Customize the view of ODI repositories for every user through its Security architecture.
- How to implement a physical and logical architecture and migrate the logical code from development to production environment.
- Implementation of KMs for different technology and how to customize your own KM to meet the complex requirement.
- Reverse Engineer metadata in ODI for different technology like RDBMS, Files, XML, Excel, etc.
- Code optimization techniques to speed up the overall batch process and learns how ODI excels it.
- Using customize java APIs in different objects of ODI to make code environment independent.
- Implementation of CDC and SCD in ODI.
- Learn new features provided in the latest 12c version and how it integrates more advanced technology like Big data.
Who should do this course?
ODI can be learned by anyone who wants to make his carrier in Data science as a Data analyst. This training will be suitable for
- Fresh Graduates
- College / School Students
- Job Seekers
- Data Scientist works in ETL and reporting tool
- Who are having good knowledge in Java
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge in SQL is must
Job Opportunities for ODI?
Many companies are now moving from other ETLs like Informatica, Datastage, Ab Initio to ODI because of its capability of handling huge data in a faster and cost-effective manner. After this training, you will surely be able to handle interview questions and can work in any live project implementing ODI.
Course Duration Information
This ODI training will happen for 25 hours. If you opt for weekend classes both Saturday and Sunday you will be having approximately 2 hours 30 mins in the scheduled time of the batch you chose. If you opt for weekdays classes all Monday to Friday you need to spend at least 90mins.
What you'll learn from this course?
- Oracle Data Integrator Overview
- ODI Repositories And Agents
- ODI Security and Topology
- ODI Variables, functions and procedures
- Knowledge Modules
- Models and Constraints
- Data Quality Control
- ELT vs ETL
- ODI Operator
- Packages, Load plans, and Scenarios
- ODI Designer
- Change Data Capture (CDC)
- Data warehousing
- Slowly changing Dimension (SCD)
- Interface (Mapping)
- ODI components
- Code Migration
- Working with Different Technologies
- Version Controlling
- ODI Tools Reference
- ODI through Web Services
- ODI Performance Tuning
Upcoming Batches for ODI Training
Our ODI Online Course gives students the opportunity to take classes on your flexible timings. Choose from a number of batches as per your convenience. If you got something urgent to do, reschedule your batch for a later time. The classes can be attended to at any place and at any time as per your choice.
Course Price at
You Save: ₹ 5,000 (14.3% OFF)
Can’t find a batch you were looking for?Enroll Now Pay Later Request a Batch
ODI Training Syllabus
Oracle Data Integrator Overview
- Traditional ETL vs ODI ELT
- Business use cases
- ODI Architecture
- Installation overview
ODI Repositories And Agents
- Creating Master and Work repositories
- Administering repositories
- Introduction to Repositories Metadata(SNP tables)
- Agents and its configuration(Standalone Agent)
ODI Security and Topology
- Custom profiles in security
- Creating users with generic and non generic profiles
- Topology Configuratiuon
- Defining any new technology in Topology
- Logical and Physical architecture
- Setting data server and physical schema
- Context and Agents
- Defining Flexfields for objects
ODI Variables,functions and procedures
- Types of variables
- Use cases of variables in work flow
- User defined Functions
- Native and user defined sequences
- ODI procedures
- Global objects (variable,functions,procedures,sequences and KMs)
- Six different Types of knowledge Modules
- Knowledge module customization w.r.t. to business use cases
- Technology specific KMs
- Brief discussion of KM options and tasks
- Introduction to java APIs and their use cases inside KMs.
- Creating your own customized KM
- Multi connection KM
Models and Constraints
- Introduction to Models and Datastore
- Defining ODI model w.r.t. Technology
- Model creation through Common format designer
- Reverse Engineering
- Defining Datastore
- ODI specific constraints on Datastore
- Generating DDL scripts and Interface IN/OUT
Data Quality Control
- Check Contraints
- Static and Flow control
- Recycle errors
- Metadata tables for error diagnostics (SNP tables)
ELT vs ETL
- Defining Staging Area
- Use cases for defining staging area w.r.t. technology
- Monitoring Integration process
- Debugging integration Session and tasks
- Restart mechanism
- ODI job scheduling
- ODI logs and log purge
Packages, Load plans and Scenarios
- Introduction to package work flow
- Synchronous and Asynchronous Run
- Creating Scenarios for objects
- Dynamic value binding in Scenarios
- Business use cases for defining flow and scripting
- Defining sequence of steps and running a package or scenario
- Exception handling inside package
- Introduction to Load plans
- Serial and parallel session execution in Load plans
- Flow control and exceptional handling in Load plans
- Project and its components
- Cross – references of objects in designer navigator
- Knowledge module Import
- Markers and Memos
- Scope of variables and other objects
Change Data capture (CDC)
- CDC overview and implementation
- Static and consistent CDC
- Trigger based CDC
- Golden gate CDC
- Timestamp based CDC
- Journalizing Knowledge module(JKM)
- Data warehousing basics and overview
- Dimension and Facts
- Star and snowflake schemas
Slowly changing Dimension (SCD)
- SCD overview
- SCD type 1,2 and 3
- SCD implementation inside Models
- Knowledge Module customization for SCD
- Integration of dimension and facts table (end to end cycle)
- Navigation and mapping editor
- Mapping creation with multiple targets 12c
- Defining LKM,IKM and CKM inside mapping
- Implementation of business logic inside mapping
- Defining datasets and lookups
- Physical and Logical mapping (12c)
- Defining options inside KM
- Temporary Interface (11g)
- Reusable mapping (12c)
- Data warehousing implementation using reusable mapping
- Designing ETL vs ELT mapping
- Overview and implementation
- Joins and filters
- Aggregation (not available in 11g and its work around)
- Sets (UNION, UNION ALL, MINUS, INTERSECT)
- PIVOT and UNPIVOT
- Split and sort
- Lookup and Distinct
- Different techniques for code migration
- Smart import and Export
- Unique internal Ids and GUID
- Unique repositories IDs
- Export and Import Hierarchy
- Setting up production environment
Working with Different Technologies
- File and table transformations
- XML transformations
- Working with delimited and fixed file format
- Version controlling
- Implementation versions in Solutions
- Maintain versions with metadata
- External code backup
ODI Tools Reference
- Tools guide
- Different file Tools
- Object related tools
- Execution tools
- Tool Customization
ODI through Web Services
- Introduction to ODI web services
- J2EE agent and its advantage
- Data services
- ODI console
- Invoking third party web services
- Managing Executions using web services
ODI Performance Tuning
- Mapping optimization (data movement reduction)
- Runtime optimization(Agent location)
- Load balancing
- Mapping loading stratagies.
- Integration of Big data and hadoop in ODI
- Integration with Nosql databases
- Implementing Jython code in ODI procedures
- Knowledge Module customization complex use cases
- Implementation of Java Grovvy within ODI
Are you Looking for Customized Syllabus
We are also providing customized syllabus to the students according to their needs and projects requirements for the consRequest a Call
IT Professionals as Trainers
Learning a technology with a professional who is well expertise in that solve 60% of your needs.
Fully Hands-on Training
We support any training should be more practical apart from theoretical classes. So, we always gives you hands-on training.
We are dead cheap in fees. We are having options to make the payment in instalments as well if needed.
10000+ old students to believe
We satisfied 10000+ students from the day we started GangBoard. Take a look of our old student’s video reviews and it says all.
Counselling by Experts
If you are in dilemma to choose a course, we are having experts in counselling team to help you with perfect projection of your career.
Own Course Materials
We have every course material to understand which is prepared by our trainers and we will share with you after session completes.
Request more information
Our Advisor will get in touch with you in the next 24 Hours
ODI Exams & Certification
GangBoard Certification is Accredited by all major Global Companies around the world. We provide after completion of the theoretical and practical sessions to fresher’s as well as corporate trainees.
Our certification at GangBoard is accredited worldwide. It increases the value of your resume and you can attain leading job posts with the help of this certification in leading MNC’s of the world. The certification is only provided after successful completion of our training and practical based projects.
Total Number of Reviews
Aggregate Review Score
Course Completion Rate
At end of our course, you will be assigned to work a real-time project. Once you completed assigned project with expected results we (Experts Team from GangBoard) will verify and issue ODI Developer Certificate. If you are not able to deliver expected results in project we will support you by clarifying doubts and help you to re-attempt the project.
ODI Training Reviews
Activity from April 20184.8
Activity from Last Year1596 Reviews
GangBoard Total Reviews in all Medium21,596 Reviews
Hey, am Ramkumar, My overall experience from inquiring a course, turn around time for response, conducting demo followed by training with gangboard personnel has been excellent..!!
I’m much satisfied for having ODI training with gangboard given the quality with which it is being delivered and the willingness of trainers. Thanks to GangBoard for the support.
Hi this is Priyadarshini, The trainer was excellent! he has a an in-depth understanding and experience of ODI platform. I highly recommend this course to anyone looking for quality ODI training and be productive in a short time.
Niranjan from Bangalore, I would like to share my experience in the gangboard, The online course session was good with a lot of discussion on the subject in depth. Demo’s were good and the trainer cleared my doubts clearly. The trainer having a very good command on the subject. It is really worth a place to learn.
This is adam from California I am currently engaged in on-line training through the gangboard. Thanks for the good interactive Content. I found them informative and Great. I am pretty pleased with my first-time virtual training experience is awesome.