In case you’re searching for UiPath Interview Questions and answers for Experienced or Freshers, you are at the correct place. GangBoard offers Advanced UiPath Interview Questions and answers that assist you in splitting your UiPath interview and procure dream vocation as UiPath Developer.
Q1) What is RPA?
RPA – Robotic Process Automation
- Robots: A software bot which will mimic human actions
- Process: An business process which is repetitive and Standard in Nature
- Automation: Set of Instructions or Programmes which is used for automating the process.
Q2) Where the RPA is used?
Answer: RPA is used in any business process which is repetitive in nature with high logical decisions and less human interventions and judgment
Q3) How RPA works?
- RPA is an virtual agent which will work on the Business applications (CRM, SRM, ERP , etc., ) work on front end and Back-end eg., SAP, ORACLE
- It works on highly repetitive jobs and remaining will be left to humans to work eg., In Accounts payable – Indexing, Invoice Processing, Payment will be done by Robot and if any exemption threshold invoice (> 5M$) will be sent for approval
Q4) Why UiPath is best in RPA?
Answer:Uipath RPA is an enterprise computing platform dedicated to automating business process.
It provides the below options full compliance with the enterprise security and governance.
- Process modelling
- Change Management
- Access Control
- Remote Execution
Q5) What are the components in UiPath ?
- UiPath Studio – Automation or Bot Designer
- UiRobot – Used to Run Automation on Machine
- UiExplorer – Spying Element Tool – Used to get the selectors
- Orchestrator – this application is used for remote control, governance and execution of robot
Q6) Which Component run the Automation or Handle Automation?
Answer: UiRobot only handles Automation from the machine which is deployed and it handle one automation program, it cannot run parallel automation.
Q7) How the Robot is triggered?
Answer: Automation is triggered by UiPath Studio in Design time and it is triggered by Orchestrator in Execution or Production system. A bot can be triggered using scheduling a time or sending hot keys
Q8) How many kinds of robots can be configured in Orchestrator?
- Floating Robot – Can use multi-Machine
- Standard Robot – Machine dedicated
Q9) How you do effective Logging in Uipath?
- For each activity logging should be done
- Until process stabilization verbose level or trace level to find the full operational steps for error recovery
- In Production set your logging as per your requirement
Q10) How you can able to pass value between two XAML workflow file?
- By using Arguments (in – to receive and Out- to send data)
- When a workflow file is sending and receiving the data it should be in and out (in/Out) Augment
Q11) How will you handle Credentials?
- By using Credential manager – a window based application to save user credentials in secured
- By storing in – Orchestrator as Credential – variable type
- Just prompting as input box using – Get Secure text activity
Q12) What is the Role of BA (Business Analyst)?
- BA (Business Analyst) role is to observe the Operations requirement and Convert into Technical requirement
- His role is more important in Pipeline stage of project
Q13) How you deploy an automation or process in Robot using Orchestrator?
- By assigning a process to a robot in “Process”
- Using Scheduling we can able to assign a process to an robot
Q14) Where Floating Robots will be used?
- Robots are same as a user logging into a machine. In a corporate environment a user is attached to Domain
- A domain user can login to different machines. Same will be simulated by Robot in RPA, this category called Floating Robots
Q15) What is Queue and Transaction?
- Queue are type of Data and Transactions are Data for the Processing
- For e.g., Queue – is Invoice Number – String type and Transactions are “INV132” each time Transactions will be updated once it completed process
Q16) What are the debugging methods?
- F7 – is used to run in Debugging method and f9 – is breakpoint which is used to stop if automation is run by F7 (Debug)
- Step into (f11) is used to run step by step
Q17) Windows used in Debug Mode?
- While we running the Automation in Debug mode we will get
- Local panel will be opened – Window which holds the variable and data preview
- outline will be used to find the path and if naming convention is used properly it is used to drill down
- Output – Console output will be written by trace level so that error finding will be more ease
Q18) How will you automate Transaction processing / Dispatcher process without Orchestrator?
- Yes Dispatcher and Receiver concept is used to automate a process or additional using two robots
- Within a single robot we can execute one by one process but it will consume more time for processing
Q19) What is FTE and it usage in Automation?
- FTE is Full Time Employee: a work effort for an employee which will be replaced by Automation
- The outcome benefit of Automation is to reduce the manual effort and maintain errorless process.
Q20) How FTE is calculated?
- FTE is calculated based on Manual effort, volume and time taken to complete a process
- FTE = (volume * AHT)/ Manual hour per day (8 hours)
- AHT is Average Handling Time
Q21) What are the steps for connecting orchestrator to the robot?
- Open UiRobot in your system, then it will populate in System Tray. Once it is populated
- Go to system icon tray and click UiPath Robo Icon and Click “Gear” Icon > Settings > Provide Orchestrator URL and Machine Key which is created in Orchestrator > Machine Group
Q22) In the UiPath Robotic Enterprise Framework template, what should be the outcome of the Process Transaction state of the Main workflow when the application loops back to the Get Transaction Item state?
- Business rule exception
- Application exception
Q23) In the UiPath Robotic Enterprise Framework template, to enable the retry mechanism without using Queues, what should the value of MaxRetryNumber be set to?
- Any value greater than 0
- Any value greater than 2
Q24) Where should credentials be stored? Select all the options that apply.
- In Windows Credential Store
- In Orchestrator, as assets
- Directly inside the workflows, as variables
Q25) In the UiPath Robotic Enterprise Framework template, where can the GetAppCredentials workflow retrieve credentials from?
- Orchestrator Asset
- Windows Credential Manager
- User dialog
Q26) What can the UiPath Robotic Enterprise Framework template be used as?
- The starting point for every automation project
- A complete library for front office robots
- A consumer of a queue in Orchestrator
Q27) In the UiPath Robotic Enterprise Framework template, in the Main workflow, the State Machine includes the following states:
- Init state
- Get transaction data state
Process Transaction State
- Set Transaction State
- End Process State
Q28) How can you retrieve the value stored in a Queue Item variable?
- Use the Deserialize Json activity
- Use the Deserialize Xml activity
- Use the SpecificContent property
Q29) If a large item collection is processed using For Each, which activity enables you to efficiently exit the loop after a specific moment?
- No activity can be used. Instead, you have to create a Boolean variable based on which the For Each loop is broken
- The “Break” activity is the most suitable in For Each
- A While loop should be used instead of For Each
Q30) What does building productive robots require?
- Proper exception handling
- Recovery abilities
- Effective logging mechanisms
Q31) In a Try Catch activity, how many times is the Finally section executed if no error occurs in the Try section?
- The Finally section is executed only when the Catch section is executed.
Q32) Which of the following are considered best practices?
- Removing unreferenced variables
- Deleting disabled code
- Leaving target applications opened
Q33) The return value of the Get Transaction Item activity is of the following type:
Q34) In the UiPath Robotic Enterprise Framework template, in the Main workflow, what is the default type of the TransactionItem variable?
Q35) Which of the following are considered best practices?
- Start your new sequence on a short annotation meant to explain the purpose of the workflow.
- Include a Should Stop activity at the end of the workflow.
- Think about the exceptions that might occur during the execution of the process.
Q36) After dropping an Invoke Workflow File activity in your sequence, you need to:
- Click Import Arguments, and then bind the arguments to the local variables or to some default values
- Click Edit Arguments, and then bind the arguments to the local variables or to some default values
Q37) In the UiPath Robotic Enterprise Framework template, in the Get Transaction Item state of the Main workflow, what happens before the next transaction item is retrieved?
- We check if the previous transaction has been completed
- We check if a kill signal was sent from Orchestrator
- We check if a stop signal was sent from Orchestrator
Q38) What is the robot able to do when the Full Text scraping method is used?
- Get font information (size, colour).
- Get hidden information.
- Get editable text.
- Get the entire visible text.
Q39) Which activity is used to call another piece of automation?
- Open Application
- Invoke Workflow File
Q40) How can you ignore an item in a collection when using a For Each activity?
- By using the Continue activity.
- By using a general If and skipping the required items.
- There aren’t any scenarios where certain items have to be ignored.
Q41) Which of the following types of variables defined in UiPath Studio?
Q42) Which of the statuses below can a transaction have? Select all the options that apply.
- In progress
Q43) Where can the logging level of a robot be changed from?
- The robot settings, which are accessed via the UiPath Robot icon in the System tray.
- Orchestrator, in the Edit Robot section.
- You can not change the logging level.
Q44) The following heartbeat value shows that a robot is connected to Orchestrator:
- just now
- a few seconds ago
- 5 minutes ago
- an hour ago
Q45) How can a process be allocated to three different robots?
- By deploying the process in the environment of the robots, which run it automatically
- By creating a job and selecting all three robots
- It is not possible to allocate a process to three different robots
- By scheduling the process and adjusting the settings in the Execution Target tab accordingly
Q46) What is the best practice to stop an ongoing job in Orchestrator?
- The process can only stop on its own.
- By cancelling it and using a Should Stop activity inside the workflow.
- By terminating it.
Q47) How are Robot Keys generated?
- Robot Keys are automatically generated by each robot and can be found in the Robot Tray.
- Robot Keys come with the license.
- Orchestrator generates unique Robot Keys during on the robot provisioning process.
- Robot Keys are generated via UiPath Studio.
Q48) What happens if the result of a transaction is not set?
- It is automatically set to Successful after 24 hours
- It is automatically set to Failed after 24 hours
- The status is “In Progress” for 24 hours, and then it switches Abandoned
Q49) What types of assets can be stored in Orchestrator?
- Array, Datatable, Bool, String
- Bool, String, Integer, Credential
- Integer, Password, GenericValue, String
Q50) What happens in the UiPath Robotic Enterprise Framework template, in the Init state of the Main workflow?
- The robot reads the configuration file and initializes all the required applications
- The transaction items are extracted from the Queue
- The robot checks if the previous transaction is complete and then starts the next one