AWS Management Console
The AWS management console is a graphical user interface that allows you to access the Amazon Web Services over the internet using web browsers. You can use the management console to manage a wide range of services provided by Amazon such as cloud storage, cloud computing, amongst others. AWS management console can also be reached with a mobile device using the AWS Console mobile app. This platform provides interface with all the services offered under Amazon Web Services.
Following are the services that can be accessed using the AWS management console browser version and the AWS Console mobile app:
Amazon Simple Storage Service:
AWS Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is a cloud storage service developed for application programs, online backup, and storage of data. This scalable, low-cost, web-based service you can be accessed using the AWS management console.
Amazon Relational Database Service:
Amazon Relational Database Service an SQL database service included in AWS services.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud:
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Also known as EC2, this is a web-based service that allows you to run applications using the AWS public cloud.
Elastic Load Balancing:
Elastic Load Balancing is a load balancing service used for the deployment of AWS services.
AWS OpsWorks is an AWS cloud computing service that facilitates infrastructure deployment for cloud administrators.
This component of Amazon Web Services helps monitor the application and resources on AWS infrastructure.
AWS Identity and Access Management is an authentication service provided in AWS that authenticates requests to the API across other AWS resources using various methods.
Benefits of AWS Management Console
Management of AWS Accounts
The management console helps you manage all the aspect of your AWS accounts such as monitoring the monthly spending, security credentials, or users in IAM. It allows the deployment of new applications while providing the interface to manage the old ones.
The management console also includes educational resources including workflows and wizards to get you started with the service. The highly intuitive interface makes things much easier exploring the various sections.
An AWS management console user can drag and drop service link to create a personalized view. Applications and resource that share common tags can be grouped together. They can also use the Tag editor feature to make changes across resources that share the same tag.
AWS Management Console Mobile App
The mobile app can be used to monitor and makes changes to the AWS resources on the go. The application can be downloaded from Amazon App Store, Apple App Store, and Google Play.
Browsers and Platforms Supported by AWS
Following are the browsers supported by the AWS management console:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari
AWS management console has a different interface for Android and iOS devices.
How to Create an IAM User using AWS Management Console
You can use the AWS management console to create one or more IAM users. You might need to do this when you are adding a new member to the team or when you are introducing a new application that requires making calls through the API.
Here, we have laid down a systematic procedure for creating IAM users using the AWS management console.
- Open IAM console after signing into the AWS Management Console account.
- From the navigation pane, Select Users and then click on Add user.
- Type the name of the user, to add more users click on Add another user and type the name. You can add up to 10 users at a time. You cannot create two users by the same name.
- Select the parameters of access. Two types of access can be granted programmatic access (downloadable access keys are created to access API, CLI, AWS, or Windows PowerShell) and AWS Management Console (a new password is created for each user to access the AWS management console) access.
- Choose Next
- Once at the Set permissions page, assign what type of permission you want to grant to this group of users. There are three types of permissions you can grant to the users – add a user to a group, copy permissions from existing user, and attach existing policies to user
- Click Next, at this step you will review all the steps taken so far.
AWS Management Console is a highly intuitive and useful web-based platform that helps you to manage several of the AWS services. The platform also has a mobile app for Android and iOS devices providing access on the go.